A way for someone to recycle their body and help marine life. Eternal Reefs transform human remains into artificial coral reefs for marine life. They help restore the fragile ecosystems off our coasts, providing an environment that supports coral and micro-organisms.
The idea was that of two students at the University of Georgia in the 80s. The idea to help came to them when they were diving off of the Florida Keys on break and saw all the deterioration and degradation of the reefs and decided to do something about it.
You can be useful to the environment even after death.
This guilotine blade is the one that beheaded Marie Antoinette in 1793.
It was purchased from the executioner’s family.
It can be seen on display at Madame Tussauds was museum in London.
Marie Antoinette’s last words as she climbed onto the guillotine platform were “Pardon me sir, I meant not to do it” after accidentally stepping on her executioner’s(Henri Sanson) foot.
Atomic blast. Small ground dots illuminated by explosion are cars and trucks.
When searching murderer and grave robber Ed Gein’s house, authorities found:
- 4 noses
- Whole human bones and fragments
- 9 masks of human skin
- Bowls made from human skulls
- 10 female heads with the tops sawed off
- Human skin covering several chair seats
- Mary Hogan’s head in a paper bag
- Bernice Worden’s head in a burlap sack
- 9 vulvas in a shoe box
- Skulls on his bedposts
- Organs in the refrigerator
- A pair of lips on a pull cord for a curtain
- A belt made from female human nipples
- A lampshade made from the skin of a human face
84 year old Dorli Rainey was pepper sprayed during a peaceful march in Seattle, Washington. She would have then been thrown to the ground and trampled, but luckily a fellow protester and an Iraqi vet were there to save her.